Saturday 19 February 2011

The Stats: Week 6

Another week goes by. A week with a cold and lady stuff = a really very rubbish dieter.

I am finding these weeks the hardest of all and am wondering if it's possible (and not just a cliche) that you can be addicted to junk food. I never seem to constantly crave kiwi's or ryvita, but make it a bar of chocolate, a large bag of yummers new Kettle crisps of even the two Easter eggs hidden under the stairs and I find I cannot help myself; the urge is far too great and I don't know what to do to stop myself. Aside from back-to-backing with my Pill so I don't have these tempting 7 days I'm not sure what is out there to help.

Hypnotherapy? Self-help book? A junk food patch (I imagine this to look like a small piece of Fruit Winders for some absurd reason)? Even after all the lies and admission, inspiring people and their kind words and ideas, it isn't happening. I could give my debit card to OH to curb my spending, but I can't hand over my digestive system. That'd be gross and a wee bit fatal.

Maybe I should sacrifice items of makeup if I don't hit interim targets....? No. Not that bad. Yet.

I have a few more things I think I should try before I completely cave and go to the Doctor's for a well-deserved ear-bashing. I'll let you know if it works.

So, see Week 5 Stats here. The results are in....

Weight: 96.6kg/212.9lb/15st3lb

So technically I lost a Lb which I put on for consuming alcohol and lovely food the night before, but I am no closer to losing anything than when I started this [charade] 6wks ago. Boy oh Boy what a let down and so not what the point of this was; a way to wallow in self pity and reflect on how utterly pants I am.

POSITIVITY IS REQUIRED!!!!!

So I'm not going to get a gorgeously creamy crumbly Ripple out the drawer, nay, I am going to have my 42cal Chinese Chicken Noodle Cup-a-soup-a-mug-mejigger and a plum. Maybe even a kiwi.

And yup, you guessed it, I'm on nights so another ridic-o'clock ramble.

How are you all wonderful folk doing?



1 comment:

  1. A loss is a loss, so don't be downhearted :)
    I've lost 2lb since last time; i'm 11,11 which is a 1 stone loss. I had been aiming for around 11,7 for the end of Feb, which may be pushing it now, so i'd be really happy with 11,9.
    Good luck for next week x

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think! How are you getting along? Any tips for me?