Tuesday 1 February 2011

Review: Week 3


Good very late evening/very early morning to you all.

I have had two weeks where I maintained my weight, and didn't lose. I was asked why this was when I have been under my calorie intake goal most days last week. I reckon it's because of lack of exercise. As I've said before, I really struggle working a day shift which I did Weds-Fri (hence delayed post of The Stats) and although I had every intention of going to the gym, when you're falling asleep and can barely drive home, gym is my last thought!! Plus my gym is at work (where it's free) so on my rest days I won't do a 30mile round trip just for the gym - I'm skint.

I have the world's fussiest dog as well - she would much rather lay on the sofa in the warm and dry than go for a nice long walk in the wet; even if it's just the pavement that's wet, she's having none of it. Walking around a field without a dog make me look like a weirdo and is uninspiring.
Therefore, no exercise. This week will be much better as I'm on nights and I love a 4am gym sesh, and the weather is acceptable for pooch so she gets a nice walk when I get home then we crash out in bed all day -it's my favourite shift :)

I'm eating well, with Ryvita's and low fat houmous for lunch, and good dinners (except when OH cooks me burnt pizza as I cannot physically move for being so tired).

OO OO - the ULTIMATE test occurred today. My bezzies aka The Lovely Lesbians, popped over to my town today to buy dog stuff, so I met them there where they chose to consume that devil's food McDonalds as well. Now I'm a Fat Bird so it's only natural I LOVE McD's. I was sat in a McD's, with two people eating a McD's and I didn't buy a thing. Nadda. Zip. Even when fries were being offered, I declined. Even when the fries were being offered as they were full, I declined. I have never said no before - I watched fries being thrown away.THIS IS PROGRESS PEOPLE!!!!

I can feel my food habits changing, in terms of my thoughts about food and obviously what I'm eating. I'm no way near there yet, but after my success in McDonald's I feel rather empowered :) I admit I celebrated this triumph with pancakes... #FAIL perhaps?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think! How are you getting along? Any tips for me?